Monday, May 11, 2009

The Best Scrambled Egg

For those who enjoy a home-cooked english breakfast (or brunch) on a lazy Sunday, this is a perfect recipe for you. In fact it's more like a method of making eggs than a recipe. Seriously no joking, I had tried it myself and personally think it's the best scrambled egg that I have ever tasted. Not too watery nor too dry, the delicate scrambled bits are so smooth that they almost melt in your mouth. I guess must be the method of on-and-off the stove that makes the wonderful texture of the scrambled egg. See it for yourself.

Instead of using creme fraiche (pronounced as "cream fresh"), I had substituted it with a dollop of natural yogurt instead (the leftover ingredient of yesterday's dinner) and I think you can also use sour cream. I had too added some cheddar cheese in which I do that everytime when I make scrambled egg. Didn't have chives so had omitted that, pepper and salt to taste (I put less salt cause the cheese is already salty) and voila!

Trust me, get some sourdough bread, creme fraiche, chives, tomatoes and mushroom and start right away!

6 comments:

Fang Fang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have to agree it's definitely one of the best scrambled eggs I've tasted :D

Bert said...

Ah, it looks like the breakfast set from PDC cafeteria. :)

pik lay said...

really? I think PDC cafetaria scrambled eggs are not that "moistured"

Fang Fang said...

PDC cafeteria one actually also not bad, but not consistent as sometimes you will get very hard scrambled egg and sometimes watery. nevertheless i miss having breakfast with the gang..

liannee said...

hallo, I have tried on the recipe.. is really taste nice. Thanks. :)