Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Saturday Ride

It had been a real long time since I last rode on my bike. J had been losing touch on his riding too, except the routine short rides to and back from work. Guess we need some time to start picking up everything again and to get really serious on our training for Sundown Marathon. We are both participating in the 42km full marathon category but this time round J won't be staying with me for the whole 42km journey as he has his own personal record to break (in other words I am pathetically a snail runner). So I better prepare myself and really dwell into some intensive training in despite of the long working hours that I am currently suffering.

The weather had became insanely unpredictable lately but thank God that it was perfectly sunny this morning. We had decided to go for an easy ride to the nearby Lower Peirce Reservoir.


J was inflatting the tyres and Elmo was feeling grumpy after J told him that he can't tag along this time. We really should install a crate or something on our bike for the ease of bringing Elmo around. I really hope that he can too share the fun we are having.


Camwhoring a little before starting off. Elmo was feeling grumpy still. :( He just had his new haircut last week and is completely bald right now. The Shih Tzu next door named Xiao Wei is going bald too, so sometimes when we happened to stumble on the owner walking the dog, it's kinda funny to see 2 botak dogs mingling and smelling each other haha... Oh ya! See my new jersey? That's my very first cycling jersey which is a Valentine's Day present from You-Know-Who <3 The baby blue makes me look like a very sweet pro but in fact I am not wahahaha.. I mean I am still sweet but not a pro... yet


Here we are! The astonishing view of the reservoir. All the reservoirs in Singapore are particularly scenic and infrastructural that the government had made them to be recreational hubs for people to enjoy the wild greeneries and the serene backdrops away from the cityscapes. They are one of the few places that you can have a taste of natures in Singapore, which are not too natural for me though because they are way too well-maintained and had made friendly for all classes. Remember one time when I saw some kids catching reared fishes in an artificial longkang I was like hmmmm... do those kids actually know how a chicken looks like?


J made me do this *act innocent* and he told me that he'll be snapping only my pointing arm and the backdrop. When I confronted him later he said my arm is attached to my body and hence he had to include my whole body. Very the lame la this guy..


Another great view at the reservoir with pretty well-trimmed piece of grassland.


Spotted 2 beagles from far hehe... was telling J that we should bring Elmo for a good run here one day...


Our bikes resting side by side. Guess which pretty one is mine?


Overall the ride is fun with a few slopes which are good for training but I am looking forward for longer rides. Anyway hope this ride can at least be a motivation for J to liven up the engine again after slacking on training for so long, if not the sacrifices of my precious sleeping hours will really come to a waste grrrrrr.

And last but not least.. the perfect breakfast after a perfect ride with a perfect man..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see Elmo (botak) again!

pik lay said...

Nice? I think is geli :P He is cute with fur.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's nice to see him(Elmo)here because I long time never see him liao..(because FF always neglected him in her blog) regardless he's botak or not. :)

It's good to find Elmo settle down in island down south.

Fang Fang said...

hey hey hey.. good things are kept in the heart one okay.. remember Elmo's hairstyle when you first met him? :D
i am happy too to be able to look after Elmo myself after giving him such a hard time for several months..

piklay, i think with or without fur, you are still terrified..

Xweing said...

I FEEL VERY SAD WHEN I READ THIS POST!

WHERE GOT PPL NAME DOG AS XIAO WEI 1?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?

X-(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Elmo is frowning in the second pic. Probably due to you shaved him bald. Imagine someone taking away your clothes(coat). :(

Xweing, xiao wei the shih tzu could be pondering the same question also. lol

Fang Fang said...

haha guess it's such a lovely name hence ppl like to use it :D moreover Xiao Wei is a pretty dog.. but a bit fierce :/

Elmo was frowning cause he couldn't tag along la.. i think he's okay with his new hairstyle.. somemore now he can wear real clothes (to keep him warm)

Anonymous said...

I still think he looks better with his curly coat on. Now he is like Michael Jackson bleached white. lol

Fang Fang said...

his fur is all tangled up leh.. and you know.. grooming in singapore is like so expensive :( so go bald once in a while is not a bad thing. :D

Anonymous said...

so good price ar. Then you can consider becoming a groomer. keke. Earn $$ and Elmo can look smart everyday.