Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Ramekins Encounter

I have been looking for nice ramekins for ages, since when I started baking and had learnt the uncountable dishes that I can possibly come out with these wonderful pieces of china. Just before the last Valentine's Day when I was planning to surprise J with a sinful Chocolate Fondant dessert (that will be the story of another day) which had called for ramekins to mould the batter, I had failed to find it anywhere that I could possibly think of. So, instead of using ramekins, I had brilliantly replaced it with stainless steel jello moulds that I had found on the supermarket shelf. Though the outcome was still good, but the ramekin-hunting mission didn't end just like that.

Today, when J and I were hunting for a cover for my new baby (got this from J for completing my very 1st marathon <3, and that will too be the story of another day) at Mayer in Plaza Singapura, well we couldn't find what we were supposed to get but we found an interesting shop called Daiso just a few blocks away. It's not some lavish shop that will burn a hole in your pocket but it's actually a 100 Yen shop that surprisingly sells a lot of quality stuffs with a mere $2 of all items! We had fun running through all the shelves, and that was when I spotted the beautiful pieces of china that I had been yearning for. Can you imagine that? At a 100 Yen shop? $2 for a piece of art that will ecstasize your life with so so much wonders?

It's not even those cheapo-looking ramekin. It's made in Japan!!


Look at the beautifully crafted blue stripes.


And yea.. I was being so ambitious that I had gotten 6 of them to make a...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
leaning tower of ramekins.


It's gonna be so much fun, isn't it?

P/S: I know the kitchen towel background is a disaster but seriously you don't wanna know what's at the back of the scene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah fang
what is the remekins for? why u need six of them ler?

hh

Fang Fang said...

these ramekins are like mould la dear, most of the time ppl use it for classic dishes like souffles, chocolate lava cake (chocolate fondant), creme brulee etc. but actually it's just a ceramic container that you can use it creatively to do anything. :D