Monday, March 9, 2009

New Home

Went back home for the weekends and was excited to see the renovation progress of the new house. Dad and mom seemed to be very thrilled too, judging by 90% of their conversations were all about this house. During the first visit to the house since my last trip home, my super dad actually surprised me with some of his DIY works which I never thought can be Do-It-Ourselves. All the guys must be blaming dad for spoiling the market la. How to find such handy man like him?


The wooden deck at the 2nd floor balcony just beside the living room. Before this the floor was cemented and covered with small pebbles, until dad did the miracle and transformed it into a deck.


From measuring and sawing the wood planks to nailing, polishing and painting, superdad did all by himself. Seriously, I want superdad to teach my bf all these.


Supermum resting on the newly bought leather couch while superdad working hard on the deck under the hot sun. So demoralising...


While I was busy snapping photos and doing nothing else, mum suggested that I should offer to take some of the works off dad's shoulder. Being the best daughter I agreed and wanted to show my creativity on dad's deck but he shooed me away from his territory and handed me a roller and a tray of paint to draw a Monalisa on the wall.

Haha.. kidding. I don't dare seriously.

I was assigned to paint the piece of wall above the fish pond but after 15 mins of painting when I realised that I wasn't tall enough to reach half of the wall, dad took over the job cause he thought I wasn't good with the ladder. So there I was, back into position busy snapping again.


Paint work and ladder. The holes on the wall are actually the outlets for the fountain later on.


This is photographed from my room which window is 1 floor above the soon-to-be fish pond. From the picture you can see that the wooden deck is perpendicular to the fish pond, surrounding the living room.


The long window at the staircase from 3rd floor to 2nd, which I suggested to mum that it should be curtained cause I think we should have some privacy. Mum said it's unnecessary cause I have nothing to let others see. -____- very funny..


Going down..


Dining hall and entrance to the dry kitchen.


The dark-wooden cabinet in the dry kitchen. You can't imagine how big is the combined kitchen of wet and dry. Didn't take a picture of it but just imagine a kitchen which can fit in 10 mattresses side by side? I so want it. :(



A totally unrelated picture but just wanna show you our first 30km (to and fro) night ride from Ang Mo Kio to Marina Bay back to Ang Mo Kio. It's always fun to ride on the road except the time we did a trial-ride from AMK to my work place when J lost his patience and made me feel like I am stupid :((( Anyway, this ride was fun and the background is the renowned and operating Singapore Flyers. Beside me is the handy man that will build our future home.

9 comments:

kevin tham said...

u rich liao o !!! proud of u!

Anonymous said...

Wow! When are you going to throw a housewarming party?

Fang Fang said...

haha i am always blessed with abundance one. but this house doesn't belong to me too bad :p

housewarming party not so soon, i think mid of June.

Thian Min said...

we are so agree with your mum.

SH & TM

Fang Fang said...

what SH & TM????? ask him come out and talk to me!!!

pik lay said...

ur house is so damn big.. How come u nvr tell me u are so rich?

Fang Fang said...

ei no la, it's just a normal 2.5 storey linked house.

Anonymous said...

(winking at SH and TM) I can assure you that your mom spoke to you in earnest, because mothers don't usually flatter with their children. And I know my life is at stake after saying this, I will only leave the house with a bullet proof vest starting tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Yea, you better...

*getting ready sniper rifle*

Heh heh heh...